Individual consumers are at an extreme disadvantage trying to protect themselves against the deceptive business practices of powerful multinational corporation. Ahdoot & Wolfson protects the rights of consumers by litigating aggressively to demand our clients are treated fairly.
In addition to the scores of consumer protection cases we have litigated and continue to pursue, courts across the country have appointed Ahdoot & Wolfson to leadership positions in the following cases:
- Eck v. City of Los Angeles, No. BC577028 (LASC)
- McKnight v. Uber Techs., Inc., No. 3:14-cv-05615-JST (N.D. Cal.)
- Pantelyat v. Bank of Am., N.A., No. 1:16-cv-08964-AJN (S.D.N.Y.)
- Smith v. Floor & Decor Outlets of Am., Inc., No. 1:15-cv-04316-ELR (N.D. Ga.)
- In re: Lumber Liquidators Chinese-Manufactured Flooring Durability Mktg. & Sales Practices Litig., No. 1:16-md-02743-AJT-TRJ (E.D. Va.)
- Skeen v. BMW of N. Am., LLC, No. 2:13-cv-01531-WHW-CLW (D.N.J.)
- In re: Uber FCRA Litig., No. 3:14-cv-05200-EMC (N.D. Cal.)
- Cassidy v. Reebok International Ltd., No. 2:10-cv-09966-AHM (C.D. Cal.)
- Carey v. New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc., Nos. 1:11-cv-10632-LTS & 1:11-cv-10001- LTS (D. Mass.)
- Pappas v. Naked Juice Co. of Glendora, Inc., No. 2:11-cv-8276-JAK-PLA (C.D. Cal.)
- Trammell v. Barbara’s Bakery, Inc., No. 3:12-cv-02664-CRB (N.D. Cal.)
- West v. ExamSoft Worldwide Inc., No. 14-cv-22950-UU (S.D. Fla.):
- Mirto v. AIG/Granite State Insurance Co. et al., No. HG 04180408 (Cal. Super. Ct., Alameda Cty.)
- In re: Kind LLC “All Natural” Litig., No. 1:15-md-02645-WHP (S.D.N.Y.)
- Citizens for Responsible Business v. Rite Aid Corporation, et al., No. 414831 (SFSC)
- Weiss v. Los Angeles, No. BC141354 (LASC)
- Lavinsky vs. City of Los Angeles, No. BC542245 (LASC)
For more information regarding the Ahdoot & Wolfson consumer protection law practice, visit our consumer protection law page.
Redressing Privacy Infringement and Deceptive Advertising
Ahdoot & Wolfson, PC provides clients in California, New York, and throughout the United States with exceptional legal representation for consumer protection matters. What we’ve done in prior consumer law cases has amounted to hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and judgments, including the millions we’ve given back to non-profit organizations.
All states have some form of consumer protection laws. In California, consumers may pursue claims against corporate defendants under the Consumers Legal Remedies Act (CLRA), the California False Advertising Law, and the California Unfair Business Practices Act. New York also provides strong protection against False Advertising and Deceptive Trade Practices. Our attorneys handle all types of consumer claims in jurisdictions throughout the nation, whether on behalf of an individual client or as part of a class action.
False and Misleading Advertising
Our attorneys represent plaintiffs as individuals and, in many cases, as class representatives on behalf of other consumers similarly situated in cases involving advertisements with misrepresentations, material omissions, misleading or nonexistent product guarantees, and erroneous statements concerning the alleged quality or benefits of the product or service. Consumers defrauded or scammed by these misleading advertisements often suffer economic damages, yet each consumer’s damages may be a relatively small dollar amount. However, class actions benefit all consumers adversely affected by the false advertising, which can be a nationwide class of individuals. A settlement in favor of the class can benefit the public at large by deterring and preventing such misleading advertising tactics. The Ahdoot & Wolfson consumer class action practice has a distinguished history of successful results fighting these deceptive business practices.
The Ahdoot & Wolfson consumer protection practice also handles cases in which consumers have been assessed fraudulent fees. Credit card companies, accounting firms, insurance providers, banks, rental car companies, hotels, and cellular service providers may face civil liability for overcharges or undisclosed fees. Our attorneys can also help consumers fight fraudulent lending schemes that prey on indebted individuals with false assurances of financial recovery. Many homeowners have also been adversely affected by mortgage fraud, including hidden mortgage fees and unwarranted foreclosure proceedings. At Ahdoot & Wolfson, we can help an entire class of consumers fight these unfair and deceptive business practices.
Experienced Consumer Protection Attorneys
Our attorneys have the litigation experience and nationwide knowledge of consumer protection laws to provide you with exceptional representation. Contact Ahdoot & Wolfson today for a free consultation with one of our attorneys to determine your rights and legal remedies. We regularly represent consumers on a contingency basis, with the resources to finance the costs of class action litigation at no cost to the client until a recovery is obtained.